For an early stage startup, hiring a devops team is difficult & it does not warrant a dedicated devops team. Your product developers are usually busy with the product development or, at times, do not have the know-hows of setting up a clean tech infrastructure.
This results in
- Your tech infra being brittle, manual and time consuming for your prod server and your CI/CD Pipelines
- The deployment cycles are longer and you often have one or two engineers doing the prod pushes - creating bottlenecks in the deployment process
- Your logging infrastructure is brittle, resulting in poor incident/error management
- The set up & deployment process is manual, time consuming and error prone
- Potential loss of data in case of system failures
We @ MVPRockets.com have built over 20 MVPs in the past 2 years for some of the top startups and have set up very strong tech infrastructure for all of them. In the process, we have created a clean playbook for startups to create and manage their tech infra.
It includes the following
- Production server on AWS
- Alerts on server utilization/outages, product health checks etc..
- Resiliency through Load balancing , multi zone/region setup
- Security - rate limiting, API security etc.
- Setup access policy to all your infrastructure
- Scripts for automation of deployments
- Handling the DB instance backups, replication and recovery..
- Any other services required - like SQS, SES, S3 etc..
- QA, UAT & Preprod server + CI pipelines
- Infrastructure as code using terraform
- Sonarqube code analysis
- Test automation setup for parallel execution
Find this exciting? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org